- Dark, rich, focused, versatile
- Repositionable flaps and a newly-designed, high-grade metal alloy cradle provide tonal versatility
- Our darkest ligature when the flaps are positioned over the cradle
- Exposing the cradle to the reed adds brilliance and presence while maintaining a rich, centered core
- Allows the player to explore an enhanced tonal spectrum
- Incredible evenness of scale and locked-in intonation
- Projection and control through every register
- Flaps may be arranged asymmetrically to accommodate irregular reeds
- Includes a Rovner™ cap
- Made in the USA!
Who Plays It?
The groundbreaking Versa-X is for any serious player seeking the ultimate in a high-performance ligature with universal appeal. Its performance-enhancing attributes shine in any musical setting. Classical players most often choose to cover the cradle, but for those times when acoustics are poor, or when the orchestra is overpowering the soloist, exposing the cradle offers unexpected benefits. Conversely, jazz/rock/blues players performing in amplified settings generally prefer an exposed cradle, but when the setting is intimate or a ballad is on the set list, a covered cradle offers added warmth for soulful expression. Finally, the Versa-X received a "Best Tools for Schools" honor at NAMM '12. High school and college-level players are thrilled with the Versa X's ability to take them from the football field to the concert hall with a simple flip of the flaps.